Taking the Mystery out of Retirement
This series of five modules delivered in two half-day sessions helps individuals make educated decisions about planning for their future after employment – whether it is one year or five years from now.
(There are no pitches for investment products or recommendations of investment professionals.)
Am I Ready? – It’s All about Planning
This session focuses on getting the audience to consider a number of issues before they make hasty, uninformed and/or irrevocable decisions about leaving their job or choosing not to continue to work in a traditional job/career.
- Facts, myths and realities about the next phase of life.
- How will you find satisfaction in your daily life in retirement?
- The challenge of maintaining your standard of living in retirement.
Social Security – A Serious When & How Dilemma
This session discusses the main issues the audience needs to consider about the Social Security program.
- What facts should someone be aware of when deciding when to start receiving Social Security benefits.
- How will delaying taking Social Security impact their benefits and their spouses?
- How will continuing to work and taxes impact my Social Security benefits?
Medicare, Medicaid and LTC (Part 1) – Living to 95 & Not Regretting It
This session primarily focuses on the following related topics.
- An overview of Medicare and its related costs.
- Medicaid and the requirements to qualify.
- Long-Term Care – What is it and how does one choose an appropriate policy?
The Financial Conundrum (Part 2) – Living to 95 & not Running out of Money
This session helps the audience consider financial issues that will impact future planning.
- How much money do I need to save in order to be able to work part time or stop working in the traditional sense?
- Why do most financial experts recommend Index funds for the average investor?
- What is so important about diversification (asset allocation) in investing?
- What are the major financial mistakes I need to avoid?
Leaving a Legacy – Finishing Strong
This session focuses on the importance of having a personal fulfilling purpose, in order to maximize one’s enjoyment in retirement.
- Begin with the “end” in mind.
- Defining the terms: “Leaving a Legacy and Finishing Strong”
- Seven secrets to a purpose-fill retirement.
Each session’s handout contains a number of resources to include: books, articles, websites and software. Participants can contact the consultant after the session via email to ask additional questions and/or request specific information and resources.