LEAP – Leadership Assimilation
“The great leader speaks little. He never speaks carelessly. He works without self-interest and leaves no trace. When all is finished, the people say, ‘We did it ourselves.’”
~ Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher
Did you know that 40 percent of new business leaders fail in their first 18 months on the job? This shocking statistic reveals the ultimate cost of not providing the appropriate onboarding necessary for organizational success. Problems like these can be avoided with the right coaching program in place, and we call it the Leadership Effectiveness Assimilation Process (LEAP).
Based on several years of experience in coaching leaders and managers, Resnik Partners offers a 100-day LEAP individual coaching program for those accepting new leadership roles or are new to an organization. The new leader receives guidance from an experienced coach to leverage a 100-day LEAP checklist with additional tools and templates to ensure a quick, successful assimilation, benefiting both the individual and the organization.
LEAP is a proven program that builds strengths in four key areas:
- Having a keen awareness of one’s own personal style, feelings, and behaviors while recognizing the impact that they have on others in the organization
- Able to maintain personal equilibrium and stress resilience when faced with the inevitable physical and emotional demands of this role
- Able to form strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Establishes credibility as a leader
- Seen as a knowledgeable contributor whose opinions are sought out and trusted
Understanding the Business
- Grasps the unique essence of the business and how their role contributes to achieving key business outcomes
- Aligns goals and vision with that of the larger organization
- Instigates change at a pace and sequence that the organization can handle
Understanding the Culture
- Keenly aware of the organization’s unique culture and the patterns of behavior that are conducive to having a positive impact
- Knows “how to get it done” without alienating others or adversely affecting relationships
We believe LEAP is crucial to executive development and organizational success. To find out more about how LEAP works within our executive coaching philosophy, click here to view CPI’s Optimizing Organizational Performance through Executive Coaching.